Monday, December 13, 2010

JEP Coaching Scholarship Report: Week 3

This week was nothing special, just a few more hours on the bike than last week. I took out my time trial bike twice this week, since Coach Dan is trying to make sure I practice putting out power in the aerobars. I was rather tired by the end of the week though, since this week's Crossfit seemed extra hard, and I did two 3-hour rides on the weekend. I also did plenty of stretching, and I think already my hamstrings maybe be getting more flexible.

Monday 12/6
Prescribed: Rest Day
Actual: Rest day

Tuesday 12/7
Prescribed: WO1: Defiance Crossfit, WO2: One hour Neuromuscular Power Seated Sprints
Actual: WO1: Hard workout at Defiance Crossfit - the "warmup" included box jumps, wall balls, kettlebell swings, and jumping pullups! WO2: Did sprints on my commute to work, though my legs were tired after Crossfit. Rode home easy after work.

Wednesday 12/8
Prescribed: WO1: 2 hours with VO2 max in aerobars or functional threshold in aerobars, WO2: 30min stretching
Actual: WO1: Chose the zone 5 efforts because shorter intervals would be easier mentally, but didn't do very many because my legs were very tired, likely from the tough Crossfit yesterday. TT bike felt good though. WO2: Stretched for 30min

Thursday 12/9
Prescribed: WO1: Defiance Crossfit, WO2: One hour active recovery w/HC progressions
Actual: WO1: A bit tired at Crossfit, but a great workout nonetheless. WO2: Rode to work easy, high cadence progressions were hard because I was so tired from the workout and had trouble focusing on keeping the cadence up. Rode home easy after work.

Friday 12/10
Prescribed: WO1: 90min Pedal in Aerobars, WO2: 30min stretching
Actual: WO1: 70min on the TT bike, much of it in the aero bars. It's been a while since I've spent any long amount of time in the aero bars, so my lower back, shoulders, and arms started to hurt after too long in the aero bars, but a few more hours on the TT bike should fix that. WO2: Stretched for 30min

Saturday 12/11
Prescribed: WO1: Bridge Team ride, WO2: 30min stretching
Actual: WO1: Did a nice 3 hour ride with Dan, Andi, and Emily. We practiced some bike handling skills under Dan and Andi's guidance. WO2: Stretched for 30min

Sunday 12/12
Prescribed: WO1: 3 hour tempo ride with high cadence, WO2: 30min stretching
Actual: Rode with Dan, Andi, Emily, and Jose and did part of the A ride. We decided to climb 9, then come back the way we came and ended up with just over three hours. WO2: Stretched for 20min

Weekly Totals
Prescribed: 15:20:00
Actual: 17:48:23

No comments:

Post a Comment