Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Cat 3 Upgrade!

My upgrade to Category 3 was approved on Monday, and I'm still super excited! My first race as a Cat 3 will be the Madera Stage Race this weekend. Even though the Cat 3 women will be picked separately, I think we still race in the same pack as the Cat 1/2 Women, so I'll be racing with the fast ladies for the first time. Also, I bought myself a TT bike a couple of weeks ago and have been commuting on it this week to get used to it. It's a 2004 Fuji Aloha frame that I bought for $200 on eBay, and I built it up using spare parts that Jose had lying around. The position isn't perfect, and since the bar-end shifters are 9-speed, they're in friction mode to accommodate the 10-speed derailleur and cassette. It's a very beginner-level setup, but I'm still very excited to try it out in my first time trial this Saturday.

3 comments: