Tuesday, February 8, 2011

JEP Coaching Scholarship Report: Week 9

Another good week on the bike. I got some good time in on my TT bike, some sprints, and another Early Bird Crit. It ended up being a long week, but I felt pretty good.

Monday 1/17
Prescribed: Rest Day
Actual: Rested

Tuesday 1/18
Prescribed: WO1: Defiance Crossfit, WO2: 90min in aerobars
Actual: WO1: Slightly lighter lifting at Crossfit, but then did a timed set that involved a total of 36 deadlifts at bodyweight (which is 70% of my max weight for deadlifts), as well as some box jumps. WO2: Did a total of 95min on my TT bike riding to and from work.

Wednesday 1/19
Prescribed: WO1: 4x10 z4 in aerobars, WO2: Stretching
Actual: WO1: Did four decent efforts, felt awful but pushed through it as much as I could. WO2: Stretched, WO3: 55min ride home from work, easy, some in aerobars

Thursday 1/20
Prescribed: WO1: Defiance Crossfit, WO2: 60min active recovery
Actual: WO1: Started with front squats at Crossfit, followed by a crazy workout known as "Fight gone bad", involving five sets of one-minute rounds of wall balls, sumo deadlift highpulls, box jumps, push press, rowing, and rest. WO2: Nice easy commute to work, appreciated the recovery time after the crazy crossfit workout. Also rode home for an extra 50min.

Friday 1/21
Prescribed: WO1: Sprints, WO2: Stretching
Actual: WO1: Did 9 high-speed sprints. I practiced my form sprinting standing up, which is getting better (something about my body shape and geometry on the bike makes it feel a bit odd for me to stand on the bike, so I didn't use to do it much). WO2: Rode home easy, 50min. WO3: Stretched

Saturday 1/22
Prescribed: WO1: 3 hour ride with as much tempo as possible, WO2: Stretching
Actual: WO1: Rode 3 hours with Andi, Haley, and Ethan. Climbed OLH, then looped around and climbed West OLH, for some good climbing efforts. WO2: Stretched

Sunday 1/23
Prescribed: WO1: Early Bird Training Crit (ride there, race, ride back), WO2: Stretching
Actual: WO1: Rode to the Early Bird crit, then raced, then rode back. I felt even better and more comfortable this week than the past two at the Early Birds, but unfortunately there was a crash in the 1/2/3 field leading to the pack being neutralized for half the race. Still, it was good practice for me, and I think I'll be ready for the Cherry Pie crit coming up soon.

Weekly Totals:
Prescribed: 15:00
Actual: 17:01

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment