Tuesday, February 8, 2011

JEP Coaching Scholarship Report: Week 7

This week was a bit of a rest week, after all the riding I did over the holidays. Spent a fair amount of time in the aerobars, did some sprints, a long ride, and an Early Bird crit. Unfortunately did a lot of riding in really cold weather, which I'm not sure is any better than the rain we had before.

Monday 1/3
Prescribed: Rest day
Actual: Rest day - enjoyed a quiet day, even had the day off work.

Tuesday 1/4
Prescribed: WO1: Defiance Crossfit, WO2: 60min active recovery with high cadence progressions
Actual: WO1: Good lifting at crossfit. Hang power cleans felt heavy because my one rep max increased. WO2: 51min easy (but cold) ride to work, then 51min easy ride home, with some high cadence

Wednesday 1/5
Prescribed: WO1: 90min with 3-4x10min z4 in aerobars, WO2: Stretching
Actual: WO1: Well, I was on my bike for about 90min, and I did try to go hard for three 10min intervals, but my legs felt awful. When I started it was barely above freezing outside, and Canada was so foggy I could barely see anything, so I'm sure that didn't help. WO2: Stretched. WO3: Rode home from work, 50min easy

Thursday 1/6
Prescribed: WO1: Defiance Crossfit, WO2: Endurance in aerobars for 90min
Actual: WO1: Good lifting, push press and front squat. Also did a total of 100 lunges holding 30lbs and 50 box jump burpees. WO2: Split time in aerobars into my commute for 2 50min chunks.

Friday 1/7
Prescribed: WO1: Seated Sprints 2x4-5 of 10sec z7 WO2: Stretching
Actual: WO1: Misread workout, did 2x5 of 20sec z7 sprints. WO2: Stretched

Saturday 1/8
Prescribed: WO1: 3 hour ride with tempo, WO2: Stretching
Actual: WO1: Did just under 3 hours with Dan, MaryAnn, and Haley. WO2: Stretched

Sunday 1/9
Prescribed: WO1: 3 hour ride with tempo OR Early Bird Training Crit, WO2: Stretching
Actual: WO1: Rode across the bridge to the Early Bird training crit. I did the P1/2/3 race in the afternoon (no clinic), which was good practice for me for riding in a pack. Pack skills are one of my biggest weaknesses, so I'll probably be back for most of the Early Birds to get a feel for it, even if I do have to ride with the fast men to practice. I haven't done a crit since last August, and I'm still feeling a bit uncomfortable following wheels closely after my crash on the track in August. WO2: Stretched.

Weekly Totals
Prescribed: 15:20
Actual: 15:28

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment