Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Elite Track National Championships: Individual Pursuit 10/1/2010

Friday afternoon was the individual pursuit, but my legs weren't feeling as good as they were the day before. It didn't help that not only did we have little rest between team pursuits but we were kicked out of the track right after awards so we had no time to cool down. Since I'm new to track cycling, they weren't able to seed me properly and I was in the first heat (the fastest four were in the last two heats). I had a pretty good start, and I floated the second and third laps just like I planned. Then I thought my legs were feeling pretty good, so I upped the pace and did a couple of sub-19 laps, but unfortunately I couldn't hold it for long and ended up fading by the end, though I did still pass my opponent. I clocked a 4:01.298, which is a PR, but I had been hoping to break 4 by a few seconds. I think if I'd been feeling fresh I would have been able to, but I'll never know. I then had to wait for everyone else to finish to find out if I'd made the finals (top 4) or the podium (top 5). Unfortunately another unknown showed up in the 3rd heat and beat my time by one second, then all four ladies in the last two heats beat her, so I ended up 6th. Haley and Andi both put in solid performances: Haley did her first ever Individual Pursuit and Andi improved on her 3k time from Elite Districts.

No comments:

Post a Comment