Monday, August 2, 2010

Beat the Clock Time Trial 7/31/2010

Category: Open Women
Length: 9.7 miles
Field Size: 10
Place: 2nd

Beat the Clock is a low-key time trial series that raises money for the Lance Armstrong Foundation (LIVESTRONG). It's not technically a race, but it's nice to be able to do the course and compare times to other people and your own previous times (since it's a series on the same course). Jose and I got to the course rather later than we'd intended, but we'd decided to go to sleep early the night before and had to get up early for our 7:12 and 7:26 start times, and we weren't really packed in the morning. As a result, I didn't get in very much of a warm up, but I felt pretty good anyway. It was a chilly morning, but at least it wasn't windy. I was the first woman to start, so there was a minute gap in front of me. I felt good on the way out, and shortly after the turnaround I actually passed the guy in front of me. A while later, I passed one more guy and eventually made it to the finish still going strong. Despite the short warmup, I think I had a pretty good TT and pushed hard the whole way.

No comments:

Post a Comment