Monday, June 28, 2010

Webcor/Alto Velo Bridge Team

A couple of weeks ago, I got an invitation to join the Webcor/Alto Velo Bridge Team, which is a developmentally focused team for young women who want to bridge the gap between local races and national-level races. After due consideration, I decided that this sounded like a good idea to me. The other members of the team are close to my age, they're all focused on racing a lot and doing well, and they have the benefit of mentor/director sportif Dan Smith to help them along. I'm really excited to be joining the Bridge team, and extra so because my teammate Emily Foxman is joining the Bridge team at the same time so we'll continue to race together. My first race as a Bridge team rider (new kit - mostly green and black!) will be the Davis 4th of July crit this coming weekend. Nationals was my last race for LGBRC, though I will continue to be a proud club member. I'm excited for the rest of the season - I've still got a couple of months of racing ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment