Saturday, May 22, 2010

Calaveras Time Trial 5/22/2010

Category: Open Women
Field Size: 7
Length: 10 miles
Place: 5th

This was a nice course, fairly flat for the first five miles, then a bit of a climb up to the turnaround, then back again. It wasn't very windy, so that was nice. I got a bit of a warmup in, then headed out to meet Jose as he got back from his TT so that we could swap equipment - I needed his aero helmet and disc wheel. The swap was completed with a couple of minutes to spare, then I was off. It was a fun race, and I pushed myself pretty hard, though I wasn't feeling great. I did ok, but it seemed that in our small field we had a lot of fast women! Of the four women I got beat by, I'd previously been beat by two of them (Tyler Stewart - a pro triathlete - and Molly Van Houweling), and the other two were both pro riders and good time trialists (Alison Starnes and Olivia Dillon). Hopefully it was good practice for nationals, though a bit shorter than nationals will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment